Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Down we go & up we go

Well the Canadian dollar, or loonie as they call it, is now almost at par with the US dollar. It won't be long before it is worth more than our money since they seem to be coming out of the recession sooner than we seem to be. The unemployment rate for my hometown is now 15.3%, which is not very encouraging. I am unlucky enough to be one of those that are unemployed but I have a line on a job but am 3rd on the list. I was 6th about a month ago so I'm optimistic about my chances. Shame on all you employers that do not respond to job seekers! Is it that hard to acknowledge the people that are trying to get hired by your company? I'm looking at some other companies and plan on sending them a resume soon. Unless I hit the Mega Millions jackpot this week. It's 200 million or rather 102.8 cash option. Then it would be hard to decide what I'd be doing with Kathy. Working or retiring. Staying here or going somewhere else. Just have to cross that bridge if we come to it. Lets hope that the good news starts flowing some time before the end of the year. Keep your chin up and smile. Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

No comments: